1. Expanding connections: I've been actively pursuing talent in all areas of the weddings profession and have been participating in several organizations.
- The Association of Wedding Professionals - this is a great group of experienced wedding professionals in all areas of service including wedding planners, venues, DJs, photographers, florists, publications, officiants and more. Not only have I become a member of this organization, I've agreed to serve on the board as the Chapter Secretary. Check us out at http://www.weddingprofessionals.org/. In addition to all of this, we will be hosting the monthly meeting on May 26th. If you are interested in learning more about this great organization, please feel free to contact me or our Membership Chair, Myrna Grossman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Womens Wedding Network - wow. This group is only 2 months old but already it is proving to be a powerhouse of truly gifted wedding professionals. Our first month's speaker was Myrna Grossman of For All Occassions http://www.fao-events.com/. Last month it was Sonny Ganguly from http://www.weddingwire.com/. I am looking forward to attending again in April!
- This past Monday, I participated in a vendor panel with the DC Chapter of the American Disc Jockey Association to discuss ways in which venues, planners, caterers and other vendors can work together with DJs to enhance the event experience. Check them out at http://www.adja.org/chapters/washdc/. It was great to work cooperatively with a group of DJs who care passionately about making weddings great and I look forward to working with each one of you at a wedding here in the future!
2. I've been trying to find ways to share information with my clients using different mediums. I am now on twitter, facebook and linked in. If you look to the side panel, you will see several clickable links to make joining with me even easier!
3. Updated vendor connections are now available on the blog. In order to make locating a great vendor even easier, I've listed some vendors that I've worked with in the past on the side panel. I'll be adding to it as soon as I confirm web-sites and obtain vendor permission. I hope this makes choosing your line-up of professionals even easier!
If you think of any ideas that would help to make this site easier to use or more informative, please share that information with me! Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!